Job Listings in the Community Ambassador’s Executive Assistant – The Consulate General of Switzerland in New York
The Consulate General of Switzerland in New York is looking for a
Ambassador’s Executive Assistant
Starting date: April 1st, 2015
You will be in charge of the office and contact management for the Consul General of Switzerland in New York. Your tasks include secretariat, organizing trips, maintaining contacts, planning of events (logistics and catering), coordinating the Ambassador’s driver assignments, supporting tasks related to the Consul General’s events at the Residence, processing of various expenditure sheets, researching on the internet and preparing staff meeting notes.
You will maintain relevant communication and serve as a liaison with the pertinent Management Team of the Consulate General and Swiss Mission to the UN and its members; you will manage correspondence and attend to other secretarial work.
To be a successful candidate, you must be able to multitask, be a team-player, and manage working well under pressure. Furthermore, you must be able and willing to learn about the business of Consulate General, be persistent in a courteous manner and have strong follow-through. Additional duties beyond those listed here will be determined and assigned as needed. Preference will be given to those candidates who have a strong relationship with Switzerland and / or Swiss citizenship.
- Employment experience in a related field, experience in Manhattan or North America preferred
- Excellent command of English, very good command of German or French and of another Swiss national language
- Full computer literacy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and under stress
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible and capable to take initiatives
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- Hold either a Green Card or a US work permit
- Inviting work atmosphere and interesting work in a foreign representation
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 100% matching in 401 k plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to American and some Swiss holidays
- Location in midtown Manhattan
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and salary expectations no later than February 15th, 2015 in electronic format (word or pdf) to email@example.com. Please write into the subject line “Ambassador’s Executive Assistant” to ensure timely processing of your application. Any incomplete application will be disregarded. Please do not contact the Consulate General or the Permanent Mission. Only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.