Office Administrator/Program Assistant for Heidelberg University Association
Website Heidelberg University Association
About Heidelberg University Association
Heidelberg University, founded in 1386, is Germany’s oldest university and one of the strongest research institutions in Europe. Heidelberg University Association supports the University’s strong transatlantic academic co-operative endeavors, as well as the close ties between Heidelberg and its Alumni in North America. Heidelberg University Association engages former Heidelberg students in Heidelberg Alumni U.S. (HAUS) through regional and national events, and newsletters. Heidelberg University Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in New York City.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Administrator/Program Assistant will provide support to the general organizational operations of Heidelberg University in office administration (including accounting), executive assistance, and program work.
The Office Administrator/Program Assistant’s position is part time, up to 20 hours per week, with a flexible work-schedule.
The responsibilities of the Office Administrator/Program Assistant include but are not limited to:
– Bookkeeping – tracking income and expenses with the help of the QuickBooks accounting system.
– Office management, including office supplies and record-keeping.
– Maintaining and updating of Heidelberg University Association’s website.
– Responding to inquiries from Heidelberg alumni and the general public.
– Assisting with the alumni newsletter.
– Maintaining and updating databases.
– Assisting with planning and organizing events, including preparing and mailing of invitations, researching locations and caterers, keeping track of RSVPs, arranging travel, etc.
– Attending the yearly National Meeting (held in a different US city every year).
– Assisting with fundraising campaigns.
– General support for the Executive Director.
All tasks will be coordinated in close communication with the Executive Director.
– Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States.
– Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, Power Point, databases, basic webpage and social media content management
– Experience with QuickBooks accounting system
– Experience with Salesforce is a plus, but not required
– Accounting skills
– Excellent oral and written English language skills
– Some German language ability preferred
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Ability to work independently and to be a good team player
– Ability to work proactively and take initiative
– Attention to detail
The salary commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to IJost(at)heidelberguniversity.org
Application deadline: May 15 or open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org