Website German International School New York
GISNY library is a combined model of a German and an American library system. It is customized to provide our students a wide variety of attractive and educational literature and other materials in German and English language.
The school library is open from 8.30 AM – 3:45PM daily plus till 6:00 PM one day a week.
The librarian(s) is available throughout the entire school day to advise students, teachers, and families, as well as adhering to their needs and suggestions.
This position is part-time.
The librarian’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acquisition of literature and teaching materials for the library.
- Researching the literature markets in Germany and the US.
- Maintenance of the library including cataloging of new items and culling of library catalog and collection.
- Administering the loan and reminding process for the entire school community throughout the year.
- Operating the library computer program.
- Advising students, teachers, and families about library offerings.
- Hosting classes in cooperation with teachers and parents.
- Assisting with school activities e.g. book week, authors’ visits or reading contests.
- Administering parent volunteers in the library.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree;
- Experience with library work required. Prior or current employment in a school/college library a plus.
- Fluent in both German and English, spoken and written (a must).
- Well read, passionate about literature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of people including students, families and faculty.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of and insight into cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Ed Schlieben, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2019. Work authorization for the USA required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com