Rella’s Spielhaus is are looking for a Summer Camp Counselor
What is Rella’s Spielhaus Summer Camp?
Rella’s Spielhaus is Manhattan’s Premier German Nursery and Preschool, running 10 weeks of Summer Camps in the Summer. You will be employed for 10 weeks: June 23rd: Training Day, 06/26 – 09/01/23: Summer Camps.
We are excited to invite you to join a motivated, small group of 3-5 energetic teachers to lead our German campers through an awe-inspiring 10 weeks of Summer Camp (10 weekly sessions). Our core values of joyfulness, trustworthiness, and empathy nurture purposeful learning and curiosity in children.
We are looking for a Summer Camp Counselor:
As a Rella’s Camp Counselor, you are a German native speaker or a highly proficient German speaker. You have experience working with children as a teacher, sports coach, nanny, and/or au-pair.
Words to describe a Rella’s Summer Camp Counselor
Kind, cheerful, team player, extremely reliable, highly organized, excellent communicator, resilient, resourceful and you have some experience in teaching kids ages 1 – 12yrs.
- Hours: 35 – 40 hrs/week. The camp runs from M-F 9am-3pm (3-5pm After Care) and Early Drop off (8:30am). 15 – 30 Minutes set-up/clean-up is included in your weekly schedule.
- Compensation: $900 – $1,200/week.
- Location: 50 West 97th Street, NY 10025
- Do I need to be a German native speaker? Preferably yes, but strong proficiency might be fine as well.
- Do I need a NYS Teacher’s Certification? No.
- Do I need a Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree? No.
- Age requirement: 18yrs+
- Does this camp have an aquatic program? No.
- Where do we go outside? We go to Central Park, 1/2 block away from the Camp Site.
- Day Trips? We go on one day trip per week with the kids that are mobile enough to travel.
Summer Camp Counselor Responsibilities
- Leading and/or supporting a Camp Classroom in free play, circle time, singing, arts & crafts as well as time outside in Central Park and the weekly day trips.
- Nurturing positive, supportive relationships with Rella’s campers and their families.
- Managing the resources critical to the success of our camp (i.e. materials, different schedules of campers).
- Supporting the Camp Directors in managing administrative records for the camp.
- ….love to teach and be around children?
- … love music and movement ?
- …. you enjoy spending active time outside?
- Are you comfortable using technology for scheduling and communication?
This Job is:
- A great fit for applicants with time off school or work during the summer during Ie: Students, teachers, parents etc…
- Also a great trial run for a career in German Language teaching. Rella’s Spielhaus is actively looking for preschool teachers for the fall 2023.
Salary: $900.00 – $1,200.00 per week, paid bi-monthly
- Monday to Friday
- 8:30am – 3:30pm (2 days/week until 5:30pm)
COVID-19 considerations: We are taking all the mandatory COVID-19 precautions as mandated by DOH and NYS & NYC.
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: 50 West 97th Street, NYC 10025
Wenn Sie sich interessieren, mit uns den Sommer zu verbringen, melden Sie sich bitte mit Ihrem Resume und Bewerbungsbrief.
Wir freuen uns auf einen Sommer mit Ihnen!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com