Middle School Teacher German, Biology and History (in German)
Website German School Brooklyn
The German School Brooklyn, a growing international school, is looking to hire a Middle School German teacher who will teach German, Biology and History in German for the 2021-2022 academic year to join our growing team. This position is German speaking. The teacher must be a native or near-native speaker of German.
Our mission is to amplify the unique potential of every child, so they can achieve the greatest version of themselves—as learners, leaders and global citizens for the future. We champion the individual. Our teachers and staff tailor the academic experience and program for learning based on each child’s specific needs, interests and abilities. We do not believe in one-size-fits-all education. We nurture a global ecosystem.
As an international school located in the heart of Brooklyn, we bring together different cultures, perspectives, and expertise that enrich a child’s understanding and fluency with the world.
We take a Whole Child-approach.
We raise the person not just the student, so we develop the intellectual, emotional and social needs of every child that create the foundation for positive living and learning
Fun fact: Collectively, our students speak over 21 different languages!
Ideal Candidate has:
- native German language skills in speaking, reading and writing
- strong work ethic,
- ability to work autonomously
- + as a member of a team training and interest in teaching through a social justice lens, with particular attention to racial and gender equity willingness to be flexible
- + accept constructive feedback
- ample experience working with middle school aged children ability to create dynamic, hands-on lesson plans belief that all children can learn, but may learn differently from one another
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Education
- familiarity with NextGen standards or similar
- a work permit for the United States available immediately
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org