Doulas & Midwives birth-in-motion
White Plains, New York
Telephone: (914) 522-6980
Contact: Silvie Falschlunger
Are you pregnant and preparing for the big day?
While exciting, birthing a baby can also be challenging: How would it feel if you had someone who could support you in finding your birth-vision, believes in your intuition and helps to build your confidence in the process? Imagine custom fit support for you and your partner’s needs, taking your cultural background, personal life style and individual circumstances into account so you can:
• grow and hold a close connection to your baby
• relax and transform your fears into focused awareness and trust
• make informed evidence-based decisions that match your philosophy
• have support to adjust and re-define your relationships with your partner, family and friends.
• BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE
with two pre- and two postnatal visits, including a free interview and ongoing email & phone support
– to be educated about the birth process
– to know your options
– to build awareness of mother’s intuition
– to be connected with your baby
At your Birth
– build an environment for ’undisturbed birthing’
– build team spirit
– support labor progression
– provide comfort measures
– support first bonding & breastfeeding
– support your transition / recovery
– to process your birth, find language and allow to keep your story open and fluid
– support your healing and recovery (with foot reflexology, rebozzo — for ‘clothing the bones’, sitzbath)
– support bonding with your baby, troubleshoot any breastfeeding and/or soothing issues with your baby
– support your relationship with your partner / family
– teach baby massage, first tummy time and introduction to developmental movement patterns
– further networking
• PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION
– to support postpartum recovery and aid Chi function (Chinese method)
• CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION
in small group settings or one-on-one,
– with an emphasis on practical, hands-on information and an interactive teaching style;
– evidence based and process oriented;
– drawing from the wisdom of old and new school childbirth education approaches;
– anchored in pre- and postnatal psychology to support and understand the attachment process
Silvie is a certified birth doula, childbirth educator, lactation counselor and placenta encapsulation provider. With more than 200 births attended in more than 19 hospitals in New York City, Westchester, Rockland County and Southern Connecticut, you can count on her rich experiences supporting woman from varied ways of life, cultures and circumstances. She brings high quality credentials to the table: evidence based information, as well as a hands-on toolbox drawing from old, handed down experience, different cultures and contemporary science. But what weighs most is her compassionate and dedicated approach to nourish the MotherBaby dyad. She trusts that woman can find and grow their inner wisdom and close connection to their baby. With this inner attunement woman can birth from a place of focus, fearlessness, and stamina; welcoming their baby in love and strength.
On a personal note
Silvie is a native Austrian, studied Tibetan Philosophy and Psychology, Developmental Somatic Psychotherapy with an emphasis on developmental movement patterns and also holds a Ph.D. in art history. She certified with Childbirth International and studied extensively birthing practices in different cultures.
She lives with her husband and daughter in White Plains, NY. When she is not in the birthing room you might meet her in the yoga studio, on the trail of a nature preserve or in her kitchen.